Friday, December 10, 2010

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!













Well, it hasn't been snowing (yet) in Beijing, but ski season at Nanshan doesn't need to wait until then to begin!  Ionel, Kristen and I couldn't wait any longer, so we decided to try out the slopes last weekend!
 
It was definitely all smiles before I hit/wiped-out on the bunny slopes multiple times for the remainder of the first half of the day.  Kristen was my makeshift instructor and I paid her by entertaining her with my falls.  I definitely have a wicked bruise on my knee to prove my glory.  There were also a few moments when I thought...keep it together tailbone, keep it together, but all in all,
aside from the soreness in my neck the next day (that probably resulted from the whiplash I endured over and over again from falling), I LOVE snowboarding!!


Below are some pictures from snowboarding.  Ionel did take a video of me going down the bunny slope without falling, but, I'm sure he wasn't holding the camera at the right angle, because it makes it look as if I were going down a flat plane as opposed to the super steep slope it felt like I was going down.  It doesn't do it justice, so you will all just have to imagine it in your heads ;)

Watch out Indonesians (sea of blue and green), I'm coming through!
Kristen in her giant man sized gloves--it was either 30 RMB for giant ones or 100 something for ones that fit.

Decoration??  Never seen this kind of ad for Mini Cooper before.  I don't really get why seeing one hanging off the side of a slope would make me want to purchase one.

Ionel and Kristen looking too cool for school in their rented shades

Looking down from the top--definitely fake snow as you can tell.  I am pretty sure there are crops growing all around us. 

Sunset at 5 PM--definitely a rare sight in Beijing--what a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment