Thursday, September 2, 2010

Videos of Arirang!

As promised, I've uploaded some videos so you can better understand the magnitude of the performances. Sorry for the "shaky cam" quality for some of the clips--there was so much going on all at once that at times I would forget I was recording! ;)

Opening Act of Arirang 2010

How the Backdrop Works!

The Children's Act

Military First Arirang--I'm guessing this was a tribute to their Military First Policy

Reunification Arirang--This one was actually pretty touching, but then again, I didn't understand the Korean in the background. Maybe that would've made a difference? Would any Korean readers care to share?

Highwire/flying Act Arirang--This clip does not do it justice, but imagine not being able to see that a safety net had been put in place. We were definitely lead on to believe that we just watched someone fall tens of stories to their death. But of course, it was all part of the act! At the end, they started catapulting people across the stadium. I'm not going to lie, it was a little nerve racking to watch.

Spinning by foot and head Arirang--Sorry, I'm starting to make up names for the acts, but I think the description I've given is quite accurate!

Acrobat Arirang I--Sorry this clip was cut into two.
Acrobat Arirang II

Closing Act of Arirang 2010

There you have it! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment